Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Country Roads, Take Me (away from) Home



Hey all of you out there in cyber land I’m OSM/FlatVISTA Atticus! I’ve packed my bags headed down south to the land of the pine. I am excited to be visiting some of the best people that I know, OSM/VISTAs serving in the southern coalfields working on economic development projects. 

My first stop will land me in McDowell (that’s pronounced Mac-Dowl) County, home of the Rocket Boys. I’m looking forward to visiting Hans Raidel and his supervisor Marsha Timpson at Big Creek People in Action. OSM/VISTA Leader Spencer Moss says that Hans does a fantastic job of showing people around McDowell County when they come to visit! After visiting Hans I will head to my old stomping grounds (Abingdon, VA) to visit Katie Commender, then Emily Bidgood, Corey Barbour, Jan Carrol, Carla Davis, Allison Tse, and Jessica Brown.
(pairing up the Flat VISTAs was totally Spencer)

No comments:

Post a Comment